We are a team of immigration practitioners and we love what we do. With more than 25 years’ combined experience solving all types of immigration and citizenship problems, our business has been recognised as one of the best immigration law firms in Australia. Our team has a broad range of professional and leadership experience acquired in top-tier and boutique law firms, multinational corporations, community legal centres, international organisations and educational institutions. We have come together to create a more client-focussed way of delivering high quality immigration and citizenship services to everyone in need of them.
One of our founding Directors, Kathryn Viegas, has been recognised as a leading Australian immigration lawyer, as well as an Accredited Specialist in Immigration Law. There are only 40 Accredited Specialists in Immigration Law in New South Wales; Nomos is one of the elite group of Australian law firms that has an accredited specialist at its helm.
We approach law differently – we listen. Immigration and citizenship law is constantly changing, but we offer certainty by providing clear and reliable advice. We find solutions where others have not. We are known for our practical and commercial approach. In fact, we are regularly consulted by other law firms and established migration service providers who seek a second opinion or require strategic and commercial advice in relation to the problems faced by their clients.
We also offer our clients the security of fixed fees for most immigration work. To us, time costing makes little sense, as there is little correlation between the time spent on a matter and the value of the work done. We want to offer our clients certainty in terms of their legal costs and we set fees that we believe are reasonable and fair.
Legal & Immigration Services
- Business sponsor monitoring and sanctions: Application processing suspensions; Warnings; Infringement notices; Sponsorship cancellation and bars; Bar waivers; Enforceable undertakings; Civil and criminal penalties; Executive officer liability
- Health: Assessments; Undertakings; Medical Officer of the Commonwealth opinion challenges; Waivers. We offer specialised services to clients facing difficulty meeting Australia’s strict migration law health criteria, including applicants who have a disease or condition, such as HIV/AIDS, that may be of concern to the Medical Officer of the Commonwealth
- Character: Visa refusal; Mandatory or discretionary visa cancellation; Waivers
- Migration fraud: PIC 4020; Waivers
- Unlawful non-citizens and bridging visa holders: Regularising visa status, Schedule 3 criteria; Re-entry bans; Waivers
- Other waiver cases: No Further Stay conditions; Family sponsorship limitations
- Family: Dependency; Custody; Family violence
Employer-sponsored migration – 457/TSS, ENS and RSMS
- Applications: Sponsorship, nomination and visa applications
- Compliance: Sponsorship obligations advice and management; Work rights checking and immigration risk assessments; Avoiding sanctions and penalties
- Workforce planning and visa population management: Strategic advice in relation to attracting and retaining foreign workers and meeting short and long-term labour requirements
- Labour agreements: Negotiating with Government to secure tailored foreign labour sponsorship arrangements
- Short-term business traveller and training programme visa support
- Permission to work requests and extensions
- Skills assessments