If you are seeking advice from Nomos, we offer an initial consultation service where you can meet with one of our immigration practitioners to confidentially discuss your matter.
Our first consultation with you is important. The initial consultation marks the beginning of our professional relationship and serves two purposes – it enables us to determine the nature of your issue so that we can provide accurate and comprehensive advice. The second and very important purpose is for you to determine whether we are the right team for you!
Prior to an initial consultation, we usually ask for a range of documents from you that will allow us to do the necessary research and preparation. This means that even before your appointment, our team has considered your unique circumstances so that we can give you personalised and reliable advice. During the consultation, we then:
- clarify your personal and/or professional circumstances and seek more information from you as required
- inform you of the available options and recommend a course of action to you, as well as any strategy that may be required
- analyse the strengths and weaknesses of your case, and if any possible complications are identified, give you guidance on how we can help you to deal with them
- answer your specific questions
- provide you with an estimate of our costs for our assistance as well as any relevant processing times
The consultation is up to an hour in length and can be held in person or by way of a teleconference or Zoom video conference. If you require an interpreter, we can arrange this for you. After the consultation, we generally summarise the key points of our discussion in an email to you.
We charge AUD385 (including GST, where applicable) for most initial consultations. The fee is payable in advance and held in our law firm trust account until such time as we have conducted the consultation. If you decide to engage us to represent you in your matter, we will take the initial consultation fee that you have paid into consideration in our estimate of professional fees.
To learn how you can get the most out of your initial consultation, please click here.